1) How long have you been in CF?
Just over 2 years. I started in March of 2018.
2) How did you come across CF?
My friend Paul had been sitting on a gift certificate from his wife that he finally cashed in on and said, “You gotta come check this out!”
3) What are your favorite movements/lifts? What are your least favorite? Any recent PRs you would like to mention?
Push Press is a fun one.
Overhead squat is definitely my least favorite.
Got #355 on the deadlift pre-Covid. That felt good.
4) What is one goal you would like to set for yourself regarding CF?
Get stronger in the Olympic lifts and one day miraculously learn to do double unders.
5) Do you have a favorite girl or hero WOD?
Strict “Nicole.” If you can’t do that many strict pull ups, but can run ok, it can help even the playing field. Of course, we aren’t competing against each other. 😉
6) Where are you from?
7) If you could have one super power, what would it be and why??
8) If you were granted three wishes, what would they be?
World Peace, no more orphans, and to be as strong as Tuttle.
9) If you could host a dinner party with any three people, dead or alive, who would you have attend?
Bono, Theodore Roosevelt, and Jesus (the guy from Nazareth, sorry Zeus).
10) Share one thing that people in the gym would not know about you.
I got my masters degree a very long time ago in Exercise Physiology. It’s changed so dramatically over the years that I definitely have little to no input to offer today. While in school, I was a human guinea pig for the doctoral students and subjugated to crazy experiments such as extreme temps in an environmental chamber and drinking “shakes” with 91 grams of fat….while adding exercise and muscle biopsies to the mix. I’ve had 11 muscle biopsies on each quad. Got $50 for each one. To this day, I regret not asking for more!
11) How has CF changed your life?
Such a great combo of heavy lifts and cardio for building strength and aerobic capacity. Previously, I was either doing an aerobic style workout or lifting weights with lots of rests. Combining the two is awesome! I have to also say with my travels, I’ve visited other CrossFit’s and nobody does it better than Reform. You guys are top notch!
12) Would you like to give any shout outs to those in the gym who have encouraged you or inspired you?
HUGE shout out to 5:30am Dawn Patrol. These guys welcomed me in so well a couple of years ago and it’s been great to consistently work out and encourage (talk smack) one another.