1) How long have you been in CF?
I started at Ethos CrossFit in Ladera Ranch in October of 2014 then it became Cinco CrossFit and then they closed and I came to Reform in May of 2017.
2) How did you come across CF?
I was in my Karate class and someone started talking about CrossFit and suggested I give it a whirl !! So here I am 7 years later and I still can’t do double unders!!
3) What are your favorite movements/lifts? What are your least favorite? Any recent PRs you would like to mention?
I like burpees, wall balls, slam balls, deadlifts, front/back squats, sit/ups, V-ups and sled pulls. What I love most about CrossFit is that no matter who you are, it has such a variety of moves and workouts that everyone can find something they are good at!! My least favorite move by far is the overhead snatch squat!!
4) What is one goal you would like to set for yourself regarding CF?
No specific CrossFit goals but I do want to remain healthy and athletic so that I’m skiing in my 90’s and especially on my 100th birthday !!
5) Do you have a favorite girl or hero WOD?
Murph is my favorite!! Such a heroic and selfless act performed that tragic day by a great role model.
6) Where are you from?
I’m from a small farming town called Lindsay….(yes it’s in California) in the San Joaquin Valley between Bakersfield and Fresno. Then I worked for 20 years at Huntington Memorial Hospital in Pasadena.
7) If you could have one super power, what would it be and why??
Cure cancer! Both my parents died from cancer and so have millions of other wonderful people all around the world.
8) If you were granted three wishes, what would they be?
Great health, a huge powder skiing season, and the end of cancel culture.
9) If you could host a dinner party with any three people, dead or alive, who would you have attend?
Jesus, Abraham Lincoln, Ronald Reagan and Donald Trump…..I know you said three but I just can’t resist how entertaining that meal would be!!
10) Share one thing that people in the gym would not know about you.
I met my husband on Eharmony …..it’s been almost 13 years of wedded bliss
11) How has CF changed your life?
I’ll be 60 in November and this is the best shape I’ve ever been in my life….and that’s after 35 plus years of running and weight training. CrossFit gets results like nothing else out there!!
12) Would you like to give any shout outs to those in the gym who have encouraged you or inspired you?
I would like to give a shout out to Zeus….I miss him!! Such a nice guy, wonderful husband, father and Rock Solid coach !!! Thanks to Corey and Kevin too….they definitely coach me up!! Shout out to Barb, Tina, Sahar, Kiki, Dan (Chicago Cubs Dan), Stu, Lauren, Leila, and all the other Reboot and noon crew!!