Congratulations Susan Conner!
1) How long have you been in CF?
2) How did you come across CF?
Eric, of course introduced me to Crossfit, but it was Denise (my daughter-in-law) who motivated and inspired me to try Crossfit. She LOVED it, and made it seem doable for me.
3) What are your favorite movements/lifts? What are your least favorite? Any recent PRs you would like to mention?
I like deadlifts, box jumps, double unders, bench press, tire-flipping, sledge hammer and candlesticks. I REALLY struggle with overhead squats, wall balls and that DAMN bike. Although it wasn’t recent, I was proud of my 100lb front squat at our second anniversary workout. I am also proud of my 72lb squat clean.
4) What are your goals for 2016?
Getting back to running, box jumping and double unders when my foot is better.
5) Do you have a favorite girl or hero WOD?
Not really, but Cindy looks most doable for me.
6) Where are you from?
Born in New Jersey, came to CA. in 1968
7) If you could have any super hero power, what would it be?
I would love to fly, but I don’t know if that is even a superhero power.
8) What are you looking forward to with the CrossFit Open this year?
The Friday Night Lights’ atmosphere and energy. Seeing the strong athletes challenge and push themselves. So many members take so much pride in what they can accomplish and that inspires all of us – at all levels.
9) If you could host a dinner party with any three people, dead or alive, > who would you have attend?
John Adams, Eleanor Roosevelt and Maya Angelou
10) Share one thing that people in the gym would not know about you.
Musicians fascinate me! I can’t imagine being able to read music, know how to play an instrument (or more than one) and sing, often at the same time – now THAT’S a superhero power!
11) How has CF changed your life?
Crossfit has made me WANT to focus on my health. This whole experience has given me a new and much healthier approach to food and nutrition.
12) Would you like to give any shout outs to those in the gym who have > encouraged you or inspired you?
Liz, Cherise, Leanne, Diane, Rob, Leslye, Zack, Joanna, Jose, Ralph, Nick and ALL THE COACHES