1) How long have you been in CF?
9 fabulous years.
2) How did you come across CF?
I’ve always been active, but had given up on going to gyms, because they were too impersonal and I couldn’t keep myself motivated, so I would pay and not go!!!
One day a good friend of mine started CrossFit and as a typical new CrossFitter that’s all she would talk about, so I agreed to try it and have been hooked ever since.
3) What are your favorite movements/lifts? What are your least favorite? Any recent PRs you would like to mention?
Running, WB, pull-ups, back squats and cleans are my favorite movements. OHS, Snatches are my nemesis along with the bike.
4) What is one goal you would like to set for yourself regarding CF?
I would like to be able to do a MU and be more consistent with CTB PU.
5) Do you have a favorite girl or hero WOD?
My favorite girl wod is Karen, I love how mental the workout is and how it pushes me out of my comfort zone. Murph is also one of my favorite Hero WODs, I love how our community comes together to honor Michael Murphy along with how challenging the workout is both mentally and physically.
6) Where are you from?
7) If you could have one super power, what would it be and why??
Time travel, just think of all of the possibilities!
8) If you were granted three wishes, what would they be?
For my family and friends to be happy, world peace and to save Mother Earth.
9) If you could host a dinner party with any three people, dead or alive, who would you have attend?
Jesus, my grandmother who passed in 1987 and Oprah Winfrey.
10) Share one thing that people in the gym would not know about you.
I played basketball for UC Riverside.
11) How has CF changed your life?
I’m stronger physically than I think I have ever been and CF is the best stress reliever for me. CF makes me feel like an athlete again, I miss being a part of a team, having a coach and doing workouts that push you to your limits and beyond. Our community is amazing and makes the “I hate you for programming this WOD,Corey” tolerable because we suffer through it together.
12) Would you like to give any shout outs to those in the gym who have encouraged you or inspired you?
Coaches and members primarily at 8:15 and 9:30 thanks for always putting a smile on my face, being so encouraging and patient with my tardiness 😉