1) How long have you been in CF?
Almost 2 years
2) How did you come across CF?
I used to go to chain gym before. Back then my workouts were mostly about running on the treadmill so fast that my eyes were popping out but I didn’t get the results I was seeking. So I sent an email to my coach that I used to workout out with back in Iran. She knew all about my concerns, strength, and weaknesses. So she told me that I needed CrossFit, not continuous cardio and treadmill.
3) What are your favorite movements/lifts? What is your least favorite? Any recent PRs you would like to mention?
My favorite movements are power cleans, kettlebell swings and running. My least favorite is overhead squats; I think they are inhumane. I also think T-spine smash is an evil way to start a workout!
4) What is your proudest CF achievement or moment?
It’s been quite a while but it was the rope climb.
5) Do you have a favorite girl or hero WOD?
6) Where are you from?
I’m from Iran.
7) If you could have one superpower, what would it be and why?
Ring Muscle-up, because it‘s cool!
8) If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you pick and why?
Madagascar, because it’s stunning and untamed.
9) If you could host a dinner party with any three people, dead or alive, who would you have attended?
Trump, Khamenei, and Maz Jobrani. I think it will be a fun combo!
10) What advice can you give to newcomers to CrossFit that you wish you knew when you first started?
More is not better, better is better!
11) How has CF changed your life?
I have no family close by and when I officially moved to the US I had zero friends. CrossFit Reform helped me find so many good friends. It’s funny, wherever I go and I see someone that I know and say hi to, my son looks at me and says:” let me guess! That’s your friend from CrossFit!”
12) Would you like to give any shout outs to those in the gym who have encouraged you or inspired you?
The coaches encourage me a lot and I’m thankful for that. Lisa Hogue and Kat Lee often inspire me.