1) How long have you been in CF?
I have been doing CrossFit for 8 years, since 2013.
2) How did you come across CF?
A really good friend of mine from El Salvador shared her experience with me and I decided to try it. I joined Mariner Square Fitness Club in Alameda, California.
3) What are your favorite movements/lifts? What are your least favorite? Any recent PRs you would like to mention?
My favorite movement is a Push Press. My least favorite movement are Snatches, and my recent PR is a Push Press at 325 lbs. 🙂
4) What is one goal you would like to set for yourself regarding CF?
The one goal I have set for myself is to be able to Power CIean 300 lbs.
5) Do you have a favorite girl or hero WOD?
My favorite Girl WOD would be “GRACE” because I like doing Power Cleans.
6) Where are you from?
I am from El Salvador, I moved to the United States in 2008.
7) If you could have one super power, what would it be and why??
If I had a superpower it would be Speed like Flash 🙂
8) If you were granted three wishes, what would they be?
My 3 wishes would be to travel the world for a year, be able to help a lot of people in need at once, and to go back in time to qualify for the Olympics again in El Salvador because I was off by 1.6 seconds!
9) If you could host a dinner party with any three people, dead or alive, who would you have attend?
My family is the most important thing to me, I would have my grandfather, my parents and my sisters.
10) Share one thing that people in the gym would not know about you.
One thing that people may not know is that I qualified for the Olympics in El Salvador when I was 17 to represent my country. I am also the oldest of 4, and I have 3 beautiful sisters.
11) How has CF changed your life?
CrossFit has taught me to be more disciplined with setting goals that I could not do in the past. I also get to be a part of this amazing community.
12) Would you like to give any shout outs to those in the gym who have encouraged you or inspired you?
I want to shout out to Hank and Keith! Keith pushes me and I PR everytime we workout together, Hank is driven and pushes me to work harder. They both really motivate me.