1. How long have you been in CF?
It’s been around 7 months since I started CrossFit. I started my on ramp in September 2018 with Jolene, and transitioned to Reboot before starting Reform classes.
2. How did you come across CF?
My husband, Jeff, is a member of Crossfit Reform as well as my daughter, Kira, who is in the teen class. Jeff tried to get me to sign up for a long time before I finally decided to try it.
3. What are your favorite movements/lifts? What are your least favorite? Any recent PRs you would like to mention?
My favorite movements are the simplest ones like running, rowing, burpees, sit-ups. My least favorite are dynamic warmups and ladder drills because my balancing skills are awful and I have no coordination. They give me anxiety.
4. What is one goal you would like to set for yourself regarding CF?
I have always wanted to be able to do toes to bars and pull ups. I struggle on the bar and it’s something that I have to continue to work on.
5. Do you have a favorite girl or hero WOD?
I don’t have a favorite. They are all great because of what they represent.
6. Where are you from?
I was born and raised in Chicago, Illinois. I met Jeff, my husband, at Purdue University in Indiana and lived in Colorado, Utah, and Arizona before moving to California 6 years ago.
7. If you could have any super hero power, what would it be?
8. If you were granted three wishes, what would they be?
I wish for a safe place for our children to live and grow up. I wish for second chances. I wish I started CrossFit years ago!
9. If you could host a dinner party with any three people, dead or alive, who would you have attend?
My husband and my 2 daughters.
10. Share one thing that people in the gym would not know about you.
I love roller coasters.
11. How has CF changed your life?
I went from being someone who never worked out, to someone who works out regularly. It was so out of my comfort zone to start something like CrossFit but I am so glad I did because I feel great, both mentally and physically. It has become a part of my daily routine now and I love that it is something that my family is a part of as well.
12. Would you like to give any shout outs to those in the gym who have encouraged you or inspired you?
Definitely want to give a shout out to my husband, Jeff, for encouraging me and building me up everyday. He makes the smallest of accomplishments feel big. And also my friend and fellow Reformer, Jackie, for always being so supportive. I am so grateful to have her as a workout buddy. I am also so grateful to all of our great coaches! Jolene especially made my transition from on ramp to reboot feel so seamless. I am so grateful for her support. Last but not least, best of luck and thank you to Coaches Dan, Ashley and Miranda! You will be missed!