Congratulations Noah H.!
1) How long have you been in CF?
Exactly a Year
2) How did you come across CF?
I first became aware of Crossfit when saw the 2010 Games sitting in a bar watching ESPN. I decided to try Crossfit because my Spanish teacher Katarina would come in every week with tales from the box.
3) What are your favorite movements/lifts? What are your least favorite? Any recent PRs you would like to mention?
The snatch. Not my strongest movement but a well executed snatch is a thing of beauty! Recently PR my front squat at #275. Looking forward to trying some back squats. I think I have #300+ in me.
4) What are your goals for 2016?
My goals used to be to get better at other things by doing Crossfit. My goal now is to get better at Crossfit and rest will follow. My focus will be on form and efficiency. Pull ups anyone?
5) Do you have a favorite girl or hero WOD?
Anything with lost of overhead. Grace and Isabel
6) Where are you from?
Lusaka, Zambia (Home of CrossFit Amaka)
7) If you could have any super hero power, what would it be?
The ability to do burpees 🙂
8) If you could make a world record…what would you make a world record for?
Ride the length of the Americas (Prudoe Bay, Alaksa to Usuaia, Argentina) in the shortest time.
9) If you could host a dinner party with any three people, dead or alive, who would you have attend?
Gandhi, Albert Einstein and Nelson Mandela
10) Share one thing that people in the gym would not know about you.
I am a super nerd who loved code and Star trek.
11) How has CF changed your life?
Crossfit has shown me that I am capable of more than I thought. That getting better is hard but possible. Every one of my successes has been directly proportional to my efforts. As have been my failures.
12) Would you like to give any shout outs to those in the gym who have encouraged you or inspired you?
They excellent couching staff of course, but most importantly all the other members who turn an environment, in which we sometimes struggle, suffer and fail into a safe place where you can let it all hang out.