1) How long have you been in CF?
It’s been a year since I got back to it with consistency, its the time since I joined CrossFit Reformed. But I was introduce to it in March of 2014, did it for about 2 years but with not a lot of consistency and discipline. Prior joining CF Reform I wasn’t doing much physical activity, tried the gym and circuit training.
2) How did you come across CF?
A friend opened a CF gym back home and I was invited to be part of it, I didn’t know anything about CF before that. I really like that I can get a full workout in 1 hour.
3) What are your favorite movements/lifts? What are your least favorite? Any recent PRs you would like to mention?
I become fond of front squats, backs squats and cleans, the least favorite has to be snatch’s, just getting the technique it’s hard. Recent PR would be the squat clean thruster, at 175, DL 335, and front squat 255.
4) What is one goal you would like to set for yourself regarding CF?
Try to get to do everything prescribed. Also hit the +200 lbs on power clean and be able to do muscle ups.
5) Do you have a favorite girl or hero WOD?
Hero WOD have to say Murph, hope one day I can do it with the vest. Girl WOD is Fran.
6) Where are you from?
Tijuana, Baja California Mexico, city across the San Diego border.
7) If you could have any super hero power, what would it be?
To be able to fly, that way I can get anywhere avoiding traffic.
8) If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you pick and why?
Some place warm with crystal clear water, just to seat back and relax.
9) If you could host a dinner party with any three people, dead or alive, who would you have attend?
My brothers and sister, two of them leave far away, last time we were all in the same room was about 5 years ago.
10) Share one thing that people in the gym would not know about you.
It’s going to be two years since I moved to Rancho Santa Margarita, came here due to work.
11) How has CF changed your life?
It helped me get into shape, in which I wouldn’t get tired that easily while playing with my kids, I still get tired, but I’m able to handle them.
12) Would you like to give any shout outs to those in the gym who have encouraged you or inspired you?
The 5:30am crew, always cheering and giving support and of course all the coaches, always learning from them something new, and each one adds something special to each class.