Congratulations Mike C.!
1) How long have you been in CF?
Since September 2015
2) How did you come across CF?
I was travelling in the US turned on the TV and saw this crazy thing called the Crossfit games. I was inspired but a little too nervous to jump in… So I did CF type workouts in my garage and LA fitness, but nowhere near the intensity, and no programming.
3) What are your favorite movements/lifts? What are your least favorite? Any recent PRs you would like to mention?
I guess Body weight movements and Cardio are better for me.. I struggle as the weight on the bar rises, and the sprint intensity goes up… Give me Murph over Thrusters any day.
4) What is one goal you would like to set for yourself regarding CF?
I’ve hit so many goals in the last 12 months… Mastering Double Unders, getting my first pull up, then kipping, and now a Muscle up… My first handstand push ups… Goals now are around improving with the Barbell… So Breaking 300# for the Dead lift, 200# for a split Jerk, (I’m close to both) and getting my Grace time to start with a 4.
5) Do you have a favorite girl or hero WOD?
I love Annie, I love Double unders and i’m fast at sit ups… Hero WOD, has to be Murph, as painful as it is…
6) Where are you from?
I’m from southwest England, a tiny town called Bruton. 3k people in school term times, and 2k during vacations
7) If you could have any super hero power, what would it be?
I always thought invisibility would be fun, but that’s a little weird now… So Flying please.
8) What was the best holiday you ever went on?
Most relaxing / fun was last year in Cabo. Best experiential was a month in Zambia with my 3 kids, living with the NGoni tribe in the middle of nowhere.. We stayed with people who have nothing, But anything they have, they would gladly share. Such innocent happiness. A wonderful lesson for the kids and I.
9) If you could host a dinner party with any three people, dead or alive, who would you have attend?
Tough question… so many people to invite… Nelson Mandela for the stories and inspiration… Just a Hero. The Rock, for fun. Great man, incredible work ethic, very giving, and a lot of fun. And i’d love U2 to entertain us please.
10) Share one thing that people in the gym would not know about you.
First Name is William Not Mike… Strange English thing…
11) How has CF changed your life?
Incredibly so… I’ve lost a further 30#, I’m stronger and fitter than I’ve ever been, even more so that when i played rugby twice a week. I’m focused more than ever on Goals, both in and out of the Gym, I have clarity of purpose, and I’ve met some incredible people that are now great friends.
12) Would you like to give any shout outs to those in the gym who have encouraged you or inspired you?
Most certainly. Firstly; all at Reform. You opened your arms and welcomed a bunch of Newbies from Cinco so graciously, Thank you. To all of the coaches, for your commitment and professionalism and your welcome. In particular Eric… A very Humble, guy, who has created an incredible place to work out and spend time. (And he’s a Man United supporter, that deserves a mention all on it’s own…) Thank you. You went over and above to make sure we felt at home. And of course; Old Man Peter… Regionals’ again and you kicked my Butt in the WOD’s. Great job my friend.