1) How long have you been in CF?
About 5 years now.
2) How did you come across CF?
When we moved to California in 2013- I enrolled my son Harry to CrossFit Ethos in Ladera. My whole family saw how much fun he was having and decided to join too.
3) What are your favorite movements/lifts? What are your least favorite? Any recent PRs you would like to mention?
I don’t necessarily have a favorite movement. I do enjoy EMOM’s and Tabata workouts the best. Before starting CrossFit I had very limited shoulder flexibility/movement and since joining I have gain almost full range of motion.
4) What is one goal you would like to set for yourself regarding CF?
To finally conquer double unders.
5) Do you have a favorite girl or hero WOD?
I don’t have a favorite girl or hero WOD but I loved the 12 Days of Christmas workout we did last week!
6) Where are you from?
I am from Dublin, Ireland – I left Ireland and moved to the UK in 1994, and then to Illinois in 2006 and have been in California since 2013.
7) If you could have any super hero power, what would it be?
Time travel so I could spend more time with my daughter and her family in Illinois.
8) What was your favorite moment from 2018?
I don’t think I have a favorite moment. 2018 was an all around good year where everyone did what they should be doing – going to school and working hard.
9) If you could host a dinner party with any three people, dead or alive, who would you have attend?
I would be content just having dinner with my family – having all four of my children and three grandsons together. This is harder to achieve than it sounds…
10) Share one thing that people in the gym would not know about you.
I love gardening and find this California weather a challenge. I keep killing my plants!!
11) How has CF changed your life?
CrossFit has significantly changed not only my life but the lives of my children. All four of them do CrossFit when life/time allows. We have seen the benefits after illness both physical and emotional. The support from Reform in the past year has been amazing. No matter what is happening in our family we can enjoy working out together. Even if I am so much slower than they are 🙂
12) Would you like to give any shout outs to those in the gym who have encouraged you or inspired you?
The coaches are fantastic. Each coach makes the classes fun, enjoyable and challenging. I know it has been a good workout when Corey Smith offers me a Life Alert after the class. When I miss classes, Nazy and Christina call me out and ‘encourage’ me to come back to class.