1) How long have you been in CF?
I have been doing CrossFit for 7 years.
2) How did you come across CF?
I didn’t know anyone who was doing CrossFit. I came across it on my own because we had moved to OC from Phoenix and I was looking for something that was different and would give me everything that I was looking for-coaching, strength, cardio, community. I have always been active, but I felt at this stage in my life with young kids that I needed the best workout in an hour and now that my kids are older, I still feel this way.
3) What are your favorite movements/lifts? What are your least favorite? Any recent PRs you would like to mention?
My favorite movements are power cleans, overhead snatch, push press and jerks. My least favorite are wall balls and squat cleans.
It’s very hard to pick a least favorite movement… ASSAULT BIKE. Of course it’s the assault bike.
4) What is one goal you would like to set for yourself regarding CF?
I want to be proficient in double unders because they are programmed frequently, and they prevent me from doing RX. I like to do RX when possible because it gives me joy.
5) Do you have a favorite girl or hero WOD?
I was trying to think of a favorite hero/girl wod so I started googling them since none were standing out. I came across Kerrie which i have never done but is right up my alley. The WOD incorporates sprints, burpees, sit ups and pushups. Kerrie was a 29-year-old Omaha PD who was killed in the line of duty right before she was to begin maternity leave with her newborn daughter. Kerrie was a mother from Omaha and a hero so let’s program Kerrie soon!
6) Where are you from?
7) If you could have one super power, what would it be and why??
Magic hair like Rapunzel because it can heal the sick and bestow eternal youth.
8) If you were granted three wishes, what would they be?
Three wishes would be that our World would always be tolerant because there is so much divide and fighting. We are all humans, and we should not be fighting against each other. My second wish would be that I could eat copious amounts of pasta and Mexican food without any caloric impact. My third wish would be that no one would die young.
9) If you could host a dinner party with any three people, dead or alive, who would you have attend?
I would love to have dinner with my grandparents who have passed.
10) Share one thing that people in the gym would not know about you.
I am talkative so I have no secrets! LOL
11) How has CF changed your life?
I am aging and stronger and more confident in myself. My favorite hour of the day are my CrossFit WOD’s. When I am on vacation or unable to get into the gym, I still check the WOD’s and store favorite workouts for future use. During Covid even though we couldn’t go to the gym, CrossFit was a daily part of my life and kept me sane.
12) Would you like to give any shout outs to those in the gym who have encouraged you or inspired you?
Obviously, Eric and the amazing gym that he has created. Corey is so encouraging and a reason I feel like I have gotten stronger. He is so attentive to technique and encourages us to push ourselves when we don’t think we can. I always like when he tells me to add that extra 10 pounds and then I get to rx or get a new pr. Kristin Rafa, my very first CrossFit friend. Shaune, Carrie, my 9:30 crew! There are too many!! This whole gym is inspiring!!!