Congratulations Mac Tedford!
1) How long have you been in CF?
I have been doing Crossfit since November 2016.
2) How did you come across CF?
Started working out in September and I always wanted to try Crossfit, but I knew I need to shed some weight first. Once I did that I decided to give it a try.
3) What are your favorite movements/lifts? What are your least favorite? Any recent PRs you would like to mention?
Favorite Movement – Clean & Jerk / Least Favorite – double unders grrrrr / Did 6 week barbell club recently, increased my C&J by 15lbs (210) / Increased my Snatch by 10lbs (150).
4) What is one goal you would like to set for yourself regarding CF?
Want to get my first muscle up and want to be able to string together 25 double-unders.
5) Do you have a favorite girl or hero WOD?
6) Where are you from?
Live in Dove Canyon and grew up in Huntington Beach
7) If you could have any super hero power, what would it be?
Super Sonic Speed
8) What is your most favorite childhood memory?
Too many to pick one, but in general all the quality time I spent with my family are my favorite memories.
9) If you could host a dinner party with any three people, dead or alive, who would you have attend?
Jack Nicklaus, Arnold Schwarzenegger, and Michael Jordan
10) Share one thing that people in the gym would not know about you.
I have been playing golf for 24 years and am a scratch golfer.
11) How has CF changed your life?
Crossfit has been amazing for me, I feel like it’s finally the thing that has helped me win the battle with my weight. Last September I was 260 and could barely do a pull up. Now I am 205 and just crushed Murph. I love the competitive aspect of Crossfit and the challenge to constantly get better at it.
12) Would you like to give any shout outs to those in the gym who have encouraged you or inspired you?
I would like to give a shout out to all the coaches, you have all been so helpful and engaging. Also, a shout out to all the peeps in the 5:30am class…thanks for the camaraderie and encouragement.