Congratulations Kia P.!
1) How long have you been in CF?
2) How did you come across CF?
First by watching the CF Games on TV. I was blown away by what those guys and gals were doing. At the time, I was living in the condo complex next to Reform, so when the box opened, I was curious. I finally wandered in after a couple of my friends who go to different boxes told me that I’d love it. I trusted their judgement…and did love it!
3) What are your favorite movements/lifts? What are your least favorite? Any recent PRs you would like to mention?
Favorites: cleans, deadlifts, and jumping rope. Least fave: thrusters, of course. PRs: finally starting to get a couple of strict pull-ups and double unders!
4) What are your goals for 2016?
Get stronger. Go to class more consistently. Eat better. It would be nice to be able to RX a couple of workouts by this time next year, but we’ll see.
5) Do you have a favorite girl or hero WOD?
Annie’s pretty nice. Haven’t done White, but I like the movements and love that it’s a girl AND hero WOD!
6) Where are you from?
A lil’ bit of a lot of places. Lived in Texas, Washington, and Northern California in my younger years, but have lived in Orange County since junior high (go Panthers!)
7) If you could have any super hero power, what would it be?
The ability to not have to sleep. In this scenario, I could sleep if I wanted to, but I wouldn’t NEED it. I would get an extra 7 or 8 hours a day to read, work out, cook, watch movies…whatever!
8) If you could guest star on any current show, which show would it be and why?
Ooh, good question. I wanted to be on “Saturday Night Live” so badly when I was in high school, but I feel like they have a lot of fun on “New Girl.” For less fun, maybe Bear Grylls’ show. For practical purposes, I’d take a slot on “Yard Crashers.”
9) If you could host a dinner party with any three people, dead or alive, who would you have attend?
My grandma Beverly (she died before I was born), Teddy Roosevelt (our hottest president), and Tina Fey/Amy Poehler as a single unit.
10) Share one thing that people in the gym would not know about you.
Shameless plug alert: my husband and I are fostering a pup until she gets adopted. Her name is Lexus (we call her Lexi), she’s about 6 months old, good with other dogs and dog-friendly cats, and has a healing broken leg. We don’t know her breed…she looks like a mix of shepherd, Pharaoh Hound, Whippet, and dingo, lol! Sounds weird, but she’s pretty cute and super sweet. I’ll post some more info on the members page so y’all can let me know if you’re or someone you know is interested in adopting her!
11) How has CF changed your life?
Definitely made me physically stronger. There have been times in my life when I’ve looked “fit,” but now I actually feel strong.
12) Would you like to give any shout outs to those in the gym who have encouraged you or inspired you?
The awesome coaching staff, of course, and also Team Ralph from the Open this year! Great job, team 🙂