Congratulations Kerrie H.!
1) How long have you been in CF?
2) How did you come across CF?
Jen Everhart and I have been gym partners for a few years and we both wanted to try something different. We let Travis talk us into this cult.
3) What are your favorite movements/lifts? What are your least favorite? Any recent PRs you would like to mention?
Favorite lifts are deadlifts and squats. Also enjoy rope climbs and hand stand pushups are becoming new favorites since learning them. Least favorites would have to be the jerk and snatch for sure. I just had a PR in the deadlift for 255#, previous was 235# and before starting CrossFit was 195# in February.
4) What is one goal you would like to set for yourself regarding CF?
Continue to push myself into finding my limits without getting discouraged. Also, eventually the muscle up and hand stand walk. Maybe even a huge tire flip, lol.
5) Do you have a favorite girl or hero WOD?
I love all the girls at the gym…oh you meant WOD. Right… uh…. (awkward silence) Don’t have one.
6) Where are you from?
Planet Earth?? okay more specifically was raised in Los Alamitos, CA.
7) If you could have any super hero power, what would it be?
Time travel. I even wrote 15 page research paper about it for college.
8) If you could morph into any animal whenever you wanted, which animal would it be and why?
A hibernating bear? Then I could just sleep for a couple months. Either that or a Phoenix.
9) If you could host a dinner party with any three people, dead or alive, who would you have attend?
My great-grandpa who died in 1999, my mom, and my kids(they are small they can share a seat).
10) Share one thing that people in the gym would not know about you.
Two things. 1. I have my MA in Mathematics 2. I can touch my tongue to my nose.
11) How has CF changed your life?
I have learned more about mobility and how important it is for your body. And incorporated it into my everyday life now.
12) Would you like to give any shout outs to those in the gym who have encouraged you or inspired you?
Everybody has been really supportive and welcoming, its been great, especially for a shy person like me. All the other women have been so inspiring in their own ways, everyone working to different goals and abilities but right along side encouraging instead of tearing down each other is very rad to be a part of.