1) How long have you been in CF?
I started Crossfit in the Summer of 2012, so almost 7 years.
2) How did you come across CF?
I bought a $20 Groupon for 10 classes to try it out. After my first class, I told my friend that I really liked CF but I would never become one of “those girls.” After my 10 classes I was hooked and will forever eat my words.
3) What are your favorite movements/lifts? What are your least favorite? Any recent PRs you would like to mention?
My favorite movements are wallballs, rowing, thrusters and pullups – just not CTB pullups, they would be my least favorite. I also hate any type of dip. I PR’s my back squat recently, which was nice. I also did 60# weighted strict pull-up!
4) What is your proudest CF achievement or moment?
My proudest achievement was that first Ring Muscle Up. I put that movement on a pedestal for so long and when it finally clicked I was overjoyed. Currently, I am chasing a 135# squat snatch. Well, I should say dreaming of it since I haven’t put much work into it. One day…
5) Do you have a favorite girl or hero WOD?
DT and Grace! If there is a moderate weight barbell WOD, it’s my jam!
6) Where are you from?
San Clemente, CA
7) If you could have any super hero power, what would it be?
I would love the power to heal or regenerate, like the cheerleader in that show Heroes. I really despise being hurt or sick. I don’t have time for that.
8) If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you pick and why?
Tuscany to eat, drink wine and spent some QT with the family. Also, Panama! We were supposed to go there on our Honeymoon, but somebody’s passport wasn’t good for the trip.
9) If you could host a dinner party with any three people, dead or alive, who would you have attend?
Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Thomas Jefferson and Jason Momoa
10) What advice can you give to newcomers to CrossFit that you wish you knew when you first started.
Don’t be intimidated or worry about failure. We all fail everyday in the gym. Find a gym where you really like the people because you are going to be spending a lot of time with them. Also, I still get nervous before some WODs; it’s normal (I think…)
11) How has CF changed your life?
CF has filled the competitive void that I encountered after being a college athlete. Running and yoga didn’t scratch that itch and finding CF brought back a part of me that I missed. CF also has introduced me to some amazing people and a wonderful community. I like that most of the people we encounter at CF have similar goals, similar outlooks of health and the same competitive spirit when the timer starts.
12) Would you like to give any shout outs to those in the gym who have encouraged you or inspired you?
Sure, I like to give a shout out to all the Bad Ass Mommas and women in the morning classes who push and encourage me everyday – and those nighttime ladies who I don’t get to see as much but make me laugh until I cry…you know who you are! I would also like to give a BIG THANK YOU to the coaches and friends who entertain and play with my Sweet Baby Jakers while I work out – especially Jolene and Zeus, I am forever grateful!