1) How long have you been in CF?
I started CF just over a year ago. I think my first class was the last week of August in 2018.
2) How did you come across CF?
One of my strength and conditioning coaches in college would program CF style workouts. I loved the competitiveness and skill required for each workout. Once I graduated and moved back home I looked up local boxes and ended up at Reform.
3) What are your favorite movements/lifts? What are your least favorite? Any recent PRs you would like to mention?
My favorite movements are front squat, DB snatches, and power cleans. I like any kind of workout that involves moving a moderate amount of weight for a ton of reps. My least favorite movements are pull-ups and squat snatches. I really don’t like any movement that involves overhead strength. I recently got my first HSPU and a 25lb deadlift PR!
4) What is one goal you would like to set for yourself regarding CF?
A goal I have for CF is to get chest to bar pullups.
5) Do you have a favorite girl or hero WOD?
My favorite girl WOD is Annie. I have a strange love of any workout with DUs.
6) Where are you from?
I was born and raised in Mission Viejo, CA.
7) If you could have one super power, what would it be and why??
If I could have any super power I would want to be able to time travel.
8) If you were granted three wishes, what would they be?
Hmmm if I got three wishes… I would want to be able to function with no sleep, I would wish for a cure for dementia, and I would wish I was musically talented (or just artistic in some way).
9) If you could host a dinner party with any three people, dead or alive, who would you have attend?
I would have Lois Lowry, Amy Poehler, and Demi Lovato
10) Share one thing that people in the gym would not know about you?
Some people might not know that I went to my undergrad in Ohio. It was a big difference having grown up in Southern California, but part of me loved being out in the corn fields. Yes, the school is called Miami University, but no it was not in Florida.
11) How has CF changed your life?
Growing up I played 17 years of softball and went on to play in college. CF has been a way for me to feel like I am still on a team and lets me compete everyday I come into the gym. Basically, CF filled the void softball had left when I graduated college.
12) Would you like to give any shout outs to those in the gym who have encouraged you or inspired you?
Shoutout to all the coaches and members from the 8:15 class! Thanks for always encouraging me and pushing me to be better!