1) How long have you been in CF?
I was first introduced to CrossFit in December 2008. I began at CrossFit Marina in Huntington Beach. It was a great gym and community. Unfortunately, I stopped attending when we relocated to Mission Viejo. I joined Reform in the spring of 2019.
2) How did you come across CF?
I was originally introduced to CrossFit by a high school friend, but I came to CrossFit Reform in the Spring of 2019. While a good friend of mine, Anthony Spezza, had spoken very highly of the gym for a while, it wasn’t until Diane Garner, a colleague and friend from RSM Intermediate School encouraged me to come try it out. After the onboarding classes and getting to know some of the coaches, I was all in.
3) What are your favorite movements/lifts? What are your least favorite? Any recent PRs you would like to mention?
Some of my favorite movements include rowing, barbell work including anything overhead, and strict handstands. My least favorite movements are the ones I have the most room for improvement on like double unders, box jumps, and burpees, and definitely heavy thrusters.
4) What is one goal you would like to set for yourself regarding CF?
I would really like to get a bar muscle up.
5) Do you have a favorite girl or hero WOD?
Diane – deadlifts & handstands!! Even though double unders and running are my Achilles, I also love being challenged by Annie and Nancy.
6) Where are you from?
I grew up in Huntington Beach.
7) If you could have one super power, what would it be and why??
Hmmm, healing like Wolverine, breathing underwater like Aquaman, or flying like Superman. What’s Captain America’s superpower?
8) If you were granted three wishes, what would they be?
1. No more pandemic
2. Tolerance and acceptance
3. Own the Delorian from Back to the Future Part 1, 2, or 3
9) If you could host a dinner party with any three people, dead or alive, who would you have attend?
This is very difficult, as there are so many people that would be interesting to “interview” over a meal, however I eat for pleasure so I will have to stick with family, my wife Sara, and two children Wyatt (10) and Julianne (7). I would also like to enjoy a meal with my grandfather and great grandfather on my mom’s side.
10) Share one thing that people in the gym would not know about you.
I am 50% Greek
I have flown the Goodyear blimp
I was a Newport Beach Lifeguard for 17 years
11) How has CF changed your life?
Regardless of the class, or the workout coming to Reform is welcoming and motivating. CrossFit gives me time each day to focus on my physical strength and endurance, as well as my overall well being. It is a great stress reliever. The Reform community is like no other!!
12) Would you like to give any shout outs to those in the gym who have encouraged you or inspired you?
1. Eric and our coaches!!
2. Diane for bringing me in and always being supportive.
3. The morning crew especially Cisco, Jay, and Nate for the accountability, competition, and positivity!