1) How long have you been in CF?
2) How did you come across CF?
I started going to Orange Theory, but I quickly outgrew it. I wanted something more challenging so I tried CrossFit.
3) What are your favorite movements/lifts? What are your least favorite? Any recent PRs you would like to mention?
Even after 3 years, I still feel like a beginner. I had never lifted weights properly and it has taken a lot of time to catch up with strength, cardio and the ability to complete the movements, so I really don’t have a favorite. I have been working on pull ups and am starting to consistently get double unders on every third rotation. I don’t like overhead squats simply because I lack the flexibility to complete one.
4) What is one goal you would like to set for yourself regarding CF?
I want to get to 10 strict pull ups – I am at 5, and double unders. Once I get those, I will pick a new challenge.
5) Do you have a favorite girl or hero WOD?
I like Murph because it is once a year and each year I have seen dramatic improvement.
6) Where are you from?
I lived by Cape Kennedy in Florida until I was 11, then I grew up in Fountain Valley – Go Barons!
7) If you could have one super power, what would it be and why??
The ability to fly
8) If you could host a dinner party with any three people, dead or alive, who would you have attend?
Abraham Lincoln, Mark Twain, and Dwight Eisenhower.
9) Share one thing that people in the gym would not know about you?
My second book will be published next month.
10) How has CF changed your life?
My level of fitness has greatly improved. I am able to do things that I did not believe were possible and it challenges me to continue to try new things
11) Would you like to give any shout outs to those in the gym who have encouraged you or inspired you?
All of the coaches who consistently offer their help and support; Rudy, Melissa, Rod, and all of the 7am crew; and all of the women at the gym, who perhaps unknowingly, are the best role models for my daughter as they balance their jobs, kids, family, life, workouts, and demonstrate every day the ability to achieve their goals with constant positive attitudes.