Congratulations James F.!
1) How long have you been in CF?
I was in CF about three years ago and stopped because of an injury. Some friends that I used to do CF with were now members at Reform and kept motivating me to get back into it. So in April of this year I went back and couldn’t be happier.
2) How did you come across CF?
My wife had been wanting to try CF for a while and ended up winning a CF membership through a silent auction. She tried it for while and realized it wasn’t for her. I didn’t want the membership to go to waste so I gave it a try and was hooked.
3) What are your favorite movements/lifts? What are your least favorite? Any recent PRs you would like to mention?
My favorite movements are cleans, KB swings, squats, pull-ups, and anything using body weight. My least favorite movements are the overhead squat and assault bike. Those two exercises have been the most difficult to improve on.
4) What is one goal you would like to set for yourself regarding CF?
I have so many goals in CrossFit, but the main ones are to keep going and keep pushing myself.
5) Do you have a favorite girl or hero WOD?
My favorite WODs are Cindy & Murphy – I like pull ups and push ups.
6) Where are you from?
Born and raised in SoCal. I grew up in Glendora, CA and moved to Ladera in 2005.
7) If you could have any super hero power, what would it be?
8) If you were granted three wishes, what would they be?
1. Good health for all my family and friends 2. A bright future for my kids 3. To be physically fit and healthy no matter how old I get.
9) If you could host a dinner party with any three people, dead or alive, who would you have attend?
1. Will Ferrell – for the laughs 2. Paul McCartney – for entertainment 3. Mike Trout – to talk sports
10) Share one thing that people in the gym would not know about you.
I have two great kids, Haidyn and Beckum ages fifteen and thirteen, and an amazing wife, Andrea, who I have been with since I was fifteen years old.
11) How has CF changed your life?
It has improved my physical health in ways I never thought possible and given me the opportunity to meet a lot of great, new people.
12) Would you like to give any shout outs to those in the gym who have encouraged you or inspired you?
Thanks to all the coaches in the gym – they always help me improve or get through difficult WODs or movements. Also, the members I work out with are always pushing and inspiring me to get to the next level.