1) How long have you been in CF?
I did my first CF Reform class in June 2018.
2) How did you come across CF?
My son Harrison was home for the summer from college and needed to join a gym to put more mass on his body. I went with him to take a look at Reform and the minute I walked in the door I knew I would love it. After we left I told him I would join with him over the summer and quit once he went back to college. Here it is over a year and three months later and I am hooked!!!
3) What are your favorite movements/lifts? What are your least favorite? Any recent PRs you would like to mention?
My favorite movements that I really enjoy doing are rope climb, kettlebell swings, farmers carry, rowing, front and back squats and I can’t forget pull-ups. My least favorite lifts are any of the overhead bar lifts. My shoulder mobility is holding me back on overhead bar lifts. I have been doing some shoulder exercises to increase my mobility and am making progress.
Two recent PR’s for me were 63# weighted pull-up and 13 unbroken strict pull-ups (When I started CF I could barely do one pull-up). I also recently performed my first handstand pushup.
4) What is one goal you would like to set for yourself regarding CF?
I have many CF goals, but the main one I am focusing on now is to do 25 unbroken strict pull-ups.
5) Do you have a favorite girl or hero WOD?
I really enjoyed doing “Murph”. It got me hooked on doing pushups and pull-ups. It was a huge accomplishment for me just to finish.
6) Where are you from?
I am from Lemoore, CA. Lemoore is a small farm community about 30 miles west of Fresno.
7) If you could have one super power, what would it be and why??
I would love to teleport. Then I could travel to any place and time.
8) If you were granted three wishes, what would they be?
To have all three of my kids graduate from college and get off my payroll!
9) If you could host a dinner party with any three people, dead or alive, who would you have attend?
My grandfather, my great grandfather and my great-great grandfather. I would love to hear the stories and history of my family.
10) Share one thing that people in the gym would not know about you?
I grew up on a farm in central California growing cotton and hay. I also worked at a dairy farm where I milked and fed the cows twice a day. Living on a farm makes life in the OC a walk in the park.
11) How has CF changed your life?
CF has had a positive impact on my life. I have changed my diet so that I eat healthier, my stress level is lower, I feel stronger from my head to my toes, my energy level is through the roof and I have a new group of friends I enjoy working out with. Since I started CF I have only lost about eight pounds, but my waistline has gone from a 38” to 32”.
12) Would you like to give any shout outs to those in the gym who have encouraged you or inspired you?
All the evening crews!!!!