Congratulations Dave F.!
1) How long have you been in CF?
2) How did you come across CF?
My niece was doing it and was loving it. I wanted to find a way to push my 15-year-old daughter in her workouts. We definitely found a way.
3) What are your favorite movements/lifts? What are your least favorite? Any recent PRs you would like to mention?
Bench of course, but we rarely do any benching. Mysteriously I see gains in my benching. I hate any overhead movements. Overhead squats are a unique form of torture that I had never experienced prior to CrossFit. My over 40 PRs from our recent Wendler’s cycle were awesome for me. Bench 315, Press 195, and DL 425.
4) What is one goal you would like to set for yourself regarding CF?
I still haven’t mastered the kipping movement. I thought I would have by now, but the saying about old dogs and new tricks holds true for me.
5) Do you have a favorite girl or hero WOD?
I like Cindy. It seems to be an overall butt kicker. Someone has a favorite hero WOD? Those are probably the same people that have “fun” workouts. Eric keeps mentioning these “fun” workouts, but I guess those are the days I can’t make it to the gym 🙂
6) Where are you from?
I grew up in Mesa, AZ
7) If you could have any super hero power, what would it be?
We are talking CF, so I would have to go with Thor’s strength. Unless you don’t count him as a super hero, then I would have to go with superman’s strength.
8) If you could relive one moment in your life, which moment would you pick?
Spending the summer in Austria with my mom and grandmother. I would have stayed there longer and spent more time with my grandma and my mom’s side of the family.
9) If you could host a dinner party with any three people, dead or alive, who would you have attend?
Walt Disney, Vince Lombardi, Michael Jordan
10) Share one thing that people in the gym would not know about you.
I played golf in high school. I trained with the same coaches that trained Tiger Woods.
11) How has CF changed your life?
I love how CF pushes me to my limits. I love working out with my kids.
12) Would you like to give any shout outs to those in the gym who have encouraged you or inspired you?
I love all the coaches and the family feeling in the box overall. I love that my kids want to come and workout every day. Something must be right with what they do at CrossFit Reform.