Congratulations Bret W.!
1) How long have you been in CF?
I started CrossFit 1 year ago on June 6th.
2) How did you come across CF?
I heard about CrossFit by word of mouth, a friend.
3) What are your favorite movements/lifts? What are your least favorite? Any recent PRs you would like to mention?
? My favorite movement is Overhead lunges, and my least favorite movement is Hollow Rocks.
4) What are your goals for 2016?
For the remainder of 2016 my goal is to build strength in Olympic lifts.
5) Do you have a favorite girl or hero WOD?
My very first WOD was Murph so it has an extra special place in my heart.
6) Where are you from?
I was born and raised here in beautiful Rancho Santa Margarita.
7) If you could have any super hero power, what would it be?
If I could have any super hero power mine would not be normal. I want the power to eat as much as I can of anything at all and never gain an ounce of fat.
8) If you won the lottery…what is the first thing you would purchase?
If I were to win the lottery, I would purchase investment property.
9) If you could host a dinner party with any three people, dead or alive, who would you have attend?
The three people I would have at a dinner party 1) My Great Grandmother ( we call her Mouse) who just turned 96. 2) My Dad, Best adviser I have ever had. 3) Charley Taylor, the very first aircraft mechanic.
10) Share one thing that people in the gym would not know about you.
I don’t think people at Reform know how much I dislike( hate ) pumpkin pie. Smells good but the texture just grosses me out.
11) How has CF changed your life?
CrossFit has changed how I look at people. Before I started CrossFit I was at 24hr fitness just lifting weights trying to improve the way I look, it was all about me. But when I joined CrossFit I started to see how much fun living a healthy lifestyle can be if you do it with a team centric mentality like with CrossFit. Everyone is wanting everyone else to succeed.
12) Would you like to give any shout outs to those in the gym who have encouraged you or inspired you?
Coach Dan was the very first person I met when I walked through the door at Reform. He is great at explaining things slowly in a manner I can grasp. He and so many others have given me tips, tricks, and tons of encouragement as I have quickly been immersed in the new movements that CrossFit has challenged me with.