1) How long have you been in CF?
I started at Reform in approximately August 2018.
2) How did you come across CF?
Dr. Jorge Guevara is my chiropractor, so I saw CFers working out most days I came in for adjustments. Eventually I became interested in trying it myself.
3) What are your favorite movements/lifts? What are your least favorite? Any recent PRs you would like to mention?
My favorite lift is probably the hanging power clean. My least favorite is definitely thrusters.
4) What is one goal you would like to set for yourself regarding CF?
My goal has always been to show up consistently. I don’t necessarily need big numbers or low times, but I want to make sure that CF is a forever lifestyle change.
5) Do you have a favorite girl or hero WOD?
6) Where are you from?
Born in Boston, grew up in North Orange County.
7) If you could have one super power, what would it be and why??
Flying – who wouldn’t choose flying?! It can get you places, get you out of trouble and its fun!
8) If you were granted three wishes, what would they be?
I honestly don’t have any wishes – I love my life and everything about it. I would probably look to my loved ones and find out what they need.
9) If you could host a dinner party with any three people, dead or alive, who would you have attend?
Barack Obama, Lebron James and William Brennan.
10) Share one thing that people in the gym would not know about you.
Well I am not in the gym very much (I do mostly remote training, and all of it is personal training) so most people probably don’t know much about me at all. One thing people may not suspect of me when they meet me is I am a big gambler – both for money and taking chances generally.
11) How has CF changed your life?
Its completely changed my life. I have a very stressful job and it has gotten tremendously more stressful in the last three years since I started at Reform. Because of my training I am able to maintain my mental health, sleep better and manage my life much better. I have also lost 25 pounds since I started, I feel better physically and I feel better emotionally about myself.
12) Would you like to give any shout outs to those in the gym who have encouraged you or inspired you?
I have to give a shoutout to Corey Smith. When I started training with him I didn’t know what to expect and I didn’t know what I wanted. I figured I was 6 months out from my 40th birthday and wanted to look better. He helped me find so much more than that. I can honestly say I wouldn’t be as successful in any facet of my life if it weren’t for him. He is the perfect combination of tough, encouraging and persistent. Because of his training I am more confident, more mentally fit, healthier, happier, more ambitious and more energetic.