1) How long have you been in CF?
I have been doing CF for about 8 years. I had a pretty bad shoulder injury 4 years in and I’ve kinda taken a slower approach to get back in it fully.
2) How did you come across CF?
One of my patients owned a CF gym and after a gentle push I decided to join. You could say I drank the kool aid lol
3) What are your favorite movements/lifts? What are your least favorite? Any recent PRs you would like to mention?
I love Deadlifts and Cleans. I completely dislike anything that involves me squatting overhead.
With Covid and us not getting to have a lot BB time I’m pretty close to my split jerk max 165. I hit 155 the other night with the help from Carlos.
Got #355 on the deadlift pre-Covid. That felt good.
4) What is one goal you would like to set for yourself regarding CF?
Get out of my comfort zone and not be afraid to fail.
5) Do you have a favorite girl or hero WOD?
Grace or Karen.
6) Where are you from?
I’m originally from San Jose.
7) If you could have one super power, what would it be and why??
Freeze time. Time is literally flying by.
8) If you were granted three wishes, what would they be?
Have my kids be financially secure
Travel the world
Retire and live on a farm where abandon animals could live free.
9) If you could host a dinner party with any three people, dead or alive, who would you have attend?
My aunt who passed away from breast cancer. She is my hero.
My sisters fiancé who left this world too soon.
My sister as she deserves a chance to say goodbye.
(sorry for the sap but you asked)
10) Share one thing that people in the gym would not know about you.
I’m a savage 😉
11) How has CF changed your life?
CF has built a confidence in me that I didn’t have before. A certain strength. I never knew I was capable of lifting heavy crap.
12) Would you like to give any shout outs to those in the gym who have encouraged you or inspired you?
Yes!! To the coaches who kinda put up with my talking! To my 6:30 crew you guys are amazing. To Susan (aka Sue) who always tells me I’m a slacker.